Northern Light is always looking for submissions of outstanding research papers by current NHCC students in any discipline. If you submit, please keep in mind the following guidelines.
- We only accept email submissions sent to the NorthernLight@nhcc.edu.
- The submission must be an editable attachment (such as a Microsoft Word file), not a pdf.
- Submissions of any length are accepted, though most fall between 7 and 12 double-spaced pages.
- Identifying information, such as name, course title, and professor’s name, should not appear on the submission.
- The submission should adhere to the proper citation format (MLA, APA, or Chicago) in the form of a bibliography or works cited page, footnotes, and/or in-text citations.
- The cover letter should be brief and professional, explaining in a sentence or two how your essay would fit well in Northern Light.
We publish the journal in the spring only, but we welcome submissions year-round. If you submit your essay in the summer, we will not be able to respond to you, or begin reviewing your essay, until the journal’s staff returns in the fall semester.